NSAA makes adjusts to fall state championships
The NSAA Board of Directors met yesterday at the NSAA Office in Lincoln for their regularly scheduled September meeting.
HASTINGS, Neb. (KSNB) - The NSAA Board of Directors met yesterday at the NSAA Office in Lincoln for their regularly scheduled September meeting. A few items of note from the meeting:
- The updated 2020 NSAA State Cross Country Championships schedule was discussed and approved. The full schedule is available here.
- A postseason will be conducted during the inaugural 2020-21 season of NSAA Boys and Girls Bowling. Location and date of the state championship are TBD.
- The format of Class A district softball was modified to six, 4-team districts, with the winners of each district and two wildcards qualifying for the NSAA Softball Championships.
- The board carried a motion to qualify all 24 Class A schools for the 2020 NSAA Football Playoffs. This will eliminate week 9 of the regular season in Class A. The 24 Class A teams will be seeded by a committee, selected by the NSAA, at the conclusion of week 8 of the regular season. The top 8 seeds will receive a 1st round bye. The playoff bracket will not be re-seeded after the 1st round. The dates for each round of the NSAA Class A Football Playoffs are as follows:
- 1st Round – Friday, October 23 (#9 vs. #24, #10 vs. #23, etc.)
- 2nd Round – Friday, October 30 (#1 vs. winner of #16 vs. #17, #2 vs. winner of #15 vs #18, etc.)
- Quarterfinals – Friday, November 6th
- Semifinals – Friday, November 13th
- Final – Monday, November 23rd @ 7:15 PM CT
Copyright 2020 KSNB. All rights reserved.