North team wins 2021 Shrine Bowl
Low scoring affair ends in favor of the North, 10-3
HASTINGS, Neb. (KSNB) - The 2021 Shrine Bowl brought together some of the best talent across Nebraska, and gave them a chance to represent their high schools one last time.
The North team got out to a quick start, as Blair’s Dexter Larsen rumbled in for a touchdown on their first drive of the game. Ord’s Kelen Meyer kicked the extra point, to make it 7-0 North.
When the South team got the ball, they drove down the field quickly thanks to a big catch from Lincoln Southeast’s Taveon Thompson. Unfortunately, quarterback Cole Payton throws an interception in the red zone to Jimmy Quaintance, to end the South drive.
Some local stars shined in this one as well:
- Adam Central’s Tyler Slechta had one reception for 28 yards.
- Central City’s Tanner Schneiderheinz had two catches and returned a punt.
- Central City’s Tommy Stevens had 36 all purpose yards.
- Kearney Catholic’s Logan O’Brien had four tackles and a sack.
- Kearney’s Gabe Van Winkle had seven tackles.
- Adam Central’s Slade Smith had four tackles.
- Ord’s Kelen Meyer went 1-3 on field goals, making a 31 yarder.
The North team would go on to win this game, 10-3.
(Note: Hastings’ Carson Shoemaker did not play due to a hamstring injury)
Copyright 2021 KSNB. All rights reserved.