Adams Central softball earns first in Top 5 Plays
Published: Oct. 11, 2021 at 1:10 AM CDT
HASTINGS, Neb. (KSNB) - The first week of October is here and our first Top 5 Plays of the month is a doozy!
This week, Doniphan-Trumbull football takes top honors.
- Adams Central softball took on Grand Island Northwest in the B-8 Subdistrict tournament on Monday. Patriots right-fielder Brianna Stroh caught a routine flyout before launching a throw home and getting it there in time to get the tagging runner from third base out for the double play.
- Grand Island Senior football hosted Millard North on Friday. Islanders quarterback Kytan Fyfe sent a pass downfield to a streaking Brandon Fox, who made the catch through a defensive pass interference penalty.
- Tri-City Storm hockey hosted the Omaha Lancers on Saturday night. Storm goalie Arsenii Sergeev used his head and saved a point blank shot attempt with his mask before also blocking the follow-up.
- UNK women’s soccer hosted Missouri Western State on Sunday afternoon. Lopers’ keeper Eden Miura was tested all night by the Griffons and only allowed one score. She made a spectacular diving save on shot from Jaden Skinner that went over the crossbar to keep the Lopers in it.
- In the B-2 District softball final on Thursday, Hastings took on Crete. Tigers’ Kaitlin Laux stole second base, but an errant throw from the Cardinals allowed her to come all the way around and score. Hastings would win 12-0.
Copyright 2021 KSNB. All rights reserved.