Two Rivers gives COVID-19 update
KEARNEY, Neb. (PRESS RELEASE) -Two Rivers Public Health updated the weekly risk dial on Thursday, November 12, 2021. The risk dial remains in the red “Pandemic” level of risk.
• 390 cases of COVID-19 were recorded in TRPHD between November 3 - November 9. There are currently 35 adult COVID admissions in TRPHD hospitals.
• Between a quarter to a third of all tests conducted outside long term care facilities in Buffalo, Dawson and Phelps County were positive in the last week. Over the past 6 weeks, there was also a steady increase in the number of positive cases detected among residents less than 18 years of age, with a jump in cases in the 0–11-year age category in the last 2 weeks.
• Only 5 out of 28 ICU beds are currently available across TRPHD, almost 40% of ICU beds in use are occupied by COVID patients. Across TRPHD, 3 out of the 4 ventilators currently in use are for COVID patients.
• A public COVID testing site is now open in Kearney at the Buffalo County Fairgrounds. Testing results will be available the same day and are offered Mondays & Wednesdays 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Those desiring COVID testing are requested to register at www.trphd.org for scheduling.
• As of Nov 12, 2021, 47% of TRPHD’s total population and almost 59% of the adult population (18+ years) has been fully vaccinated.
For these reasons, the risk dial is lowered slightly from last week, although it still remains in the ‘pandemic’ zone. The reduced dial reading reflects lower weekly case incidence, marginal improvement in ICU availability rates locally and the increased availability of COVID testing.
Copyright 2021 KSNB. All rights reserved.