UNK football earns No. 1 in Top 5 Plays
KEARNEY, Neb. (KSNB) - UNK football may have thought that clinching a NCAA DII Football Championship berth for the first time since 2011 was the biggest piece of news from Sunday, but they were wrong!
That’s because The program was selected as the No. 1 Play of the Week in our Local4 Top 5 Plays weekly segment.
- UNK quarterback T.J. Davis hands the ball off against Northeastern State on Saturday before getting it pitched back to him. Davis threw the reverse flea flicker downfield to a streaking Cody Nelson for the Lopers touchdown on the first play from scrimmage in a 56-10 win.
- Burwell football took on Howells-Dodge in the Class D1 State Semifinal on Friday night and Longhorns running back Caleb Busch housed one from 65 yards out for a touchdown in a season-ending loss.
- Hastings College men’s basketball took on Bethany College in the second day of the Tabor Classic on Saturday and T.J. Babicker nailed a clutch 3-pointer to break a 70-70 tie with 44 seconds left in a 76-74 win for the Broncos.
- Tri-City Storm hockey took on Waterloo on Friday night and Mitchell Miller poked around a Black Hawk defender and wristed a goal bottom right for a Storm goal in a 6-2 win.
- Several central Nebraska athletes from multiple high schools around the Tri-Cities signed their National Letter of Intent to play their sport at the next level on National Signing Day on Wednesday.
Copyright 2021 KSNB. All rights reserved.