KPS asking for community input as they develop 5-year plan
KEARNEY, Neb. (KSNB) - As Kearney Public Schools is in the research stages of developing a Strategic Plan, the school board has scheduled a community survey to get your thoughts on the future of education in the schools.
The KPS Strategic Plan will be used to prioritize goals for the school district for the years 2022-2027.
KPS said a vital part of the process is obtaining input from stakeholders.
The Kearney Public Schools Board of Education’s survey can be found at kearneypublicschools.org through Saturday, January 15, 2022. This survey is for people who are not current KPS parents or staff members. Separate surveys will be emailed directly to KPS parents and staff.
The survey also includes questions regarding the attributes desired in our next superintendent.
“This community survey is part of a larger Strategic Planning process,” stated Kent Edwards, Superintendent. “It will give the Board of Education and our district administration the opportunity to hear ideas from community stakeholders.”
The survey asks the following questions about Strategic Planning:
- Identify the challenges that may impact the district in the next three to five years.
- Identify the knowledge and skills a student should possess as a graduate of this school district.
- Identify what you believe are the top two most important areas the district might focus on to improve and expand learning facilities and grounds.
- If you could implement one change to benefit student success what would it be?
The survey asks the following questions about the Superintendent selection:
- What are the strengths and achievements of Kearney Public Schools and community?
- What critical issues will the district face in the next three years?
- What background, training, or experience should the new superintendent possess?
- What leadership style and personal attributes are important in the new superintendent?
The survey results will help formulate a vision and identify goals and strategies necessary to move the district forward to meet the challenges of the 21st century. During the planning process, the Strategic Planning Committee will be discussing the strengths, accomplishments, and challenges of our school district, the vision, and expectations for our schools, and the goals and objectives necessary to design our future.
“We are inviting staff members, parents, students, community leaders, and other interested members of the public to work together with us – so that we may effectively plan for the future of our district and benefit our students,” said Edwards.
Representatives of the Nebraska Association of School Boards will facilitate the Strategic Planning process.
Copyright 2022 KSNB. All rights reserved.