GICC boys wrestling leads Top 5 Plays
Published: Jan. 10, 2022 at 12:09 AM CST
GRAND ISLAND, Neb. (KSNB) - Grand Island Central Catholic boys wrestling took top honors in the first Local4 Top 5 Plays of 2022 on Sunday.
- GICC wrestler Lucas Williams registered an impressive takedown against his opponent from Centura at 182 pounds in a dual meet on Tuesday. Williams won by pinfall and helped the Crusaders to a 36-30 team victory.
- GICC boys basketball hosted Kearney Catholic on Friday night. Crusaders senior forward Gil Jengmer tallied two impressive blocks in quick succession, but the Stars won 49-41.
- Anselmo-Merna girls basketball took on Cross County in the first game of the Nebraska Girls Basketball Showcase at Kearney High on Saturday. Coyotes Jaide Chandler showed good instincts with a steal and coast-to-coast score, which were good for two of her record-breaking 25 points. Chandler now holds the showcase’s individual scoring title.
- Grand Island Senior boys basketball hosted Lincoln on Friday night. Islanders Dylan Sextro turned defense to offense with a steal and fastbreak two-handed dunk. The Links won a close one, 41-39.
- UNK men’s basketball hosted Central Missouri on Saturday. Lopers guard Parker Badding converted an impressive four-point play, which was one of his seven made three-pointers in a 29-point performance. The Mules won in the end, 77-66.
Copyright 2022 KSNB. All rights reserved.