Two Rivers reports 17 additional COVID deaths
KEARNEY, Neb. (Press Release) - Two Rivers Public Health Department is announcing 17 additional deaths due to COVID-19. The total number of deaths due to COVID-19 in the district is 197. The individuals ranged in age from their 50s to 90s.
These deaths occurred during November 2021 through January 2022. According to Dr. Aravind Menon, “As of last week, a little over 20,500 people tested positive at least once. This brings mortality rates to a little under 1%.”
Two Rivers Public Health Department encourages a layered approach to preventing the spread of COVID-19:
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your mouth when you cough using a tissue or the bend of your elbow.
- Avoid crowded places and close contact with anyone who has fever or cough.
- Seek medical care early if you have a fever, coughs, and difficulty breathing- please call ahead.
- Get information from trusted sources.
Copyright 2022 KSNB. All rights reserved.