Two light salad ideas for those warm summer months
Published: May. 13, 2022 at 7:54 AM CDT
HASTINGS, Neb. (KSNB) - Brittany the Salad Girl introduces two salad ideas that will help keep you cool as the temperatures rise during the summer months.
The Hello Hanna:
- 1/4 c. Cooked soba noodles
- 1/4 c. Jerk jackfruit ~ I use a can of jackfruit which you can find at an oriental store. Seasoning ~ garlic powder, onion powder, dried parsley, cayenne pepper, paprika, salt, pepper, a sprinkle of cane sugar.
- 1/4c. Mango salsa ~ mango, red onion, red pepper, cilantro
- 1 oz. Sliced purple cabbage
- Kale ~ be sure to massage kale, coating it with a small bit of oil. Helps with texture and taste!
- Toss in a citrus vinaigrette of your choice!
The Tasty Carrot:
- 1/4 c. Cooked white rice
- 1/4 c. Pickled cucumbers ~ slice cucumbers, mix with rice vinegar, liquid aminos, crushed red pepper, little salt, tiny splash of cane sugar.
- 1/4 c. Edamame
- 1 oz. Shredded carrot
- Green onions ~ chopped
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Romaine lettuce
- Carrot ginger dressing or any Asian flavored dressing pairs will go great!
Copyright 2022 KSNB. All rights reserved.