Panorama among items on Thursday GIPS board agenda
GRAND ISLAND, Neb. (KSNB) - Panaroma Survey results, grading and reporting updates and staff adjustments are just a few of the items listed on Thursday’s Grand Island Public School Board agenda.
Staff adjustments as submitted is an item in the consent agenda. The 15-page document attached breaks down what it looks like for the district in regards to certified and classified staff from resignations, changes to new hires.
There is also an item later in the meeting titled staffing update presentation. There’s no attachments with it to detail exactly what will be discussed.
The Panorama survey has been controversial.
According to a presentation attachment, Panorama surveys are used to monitor district-wide parent, staff, and student school climate and social-emotional learning (SEL) needs and concerns so school leaders can improve support in targeted areas.
It talks about some of the results and then adds additional information on what’s next for Panorama, including three additional surveys scheduled.
There’s also an item regarding grades and reporting updates as the school board looks to change policy.
The attached memo outlines proposed changes in grading for staff:
- Staff will use rubrics, assessment checklists, and other types of scoring guides to provide formative feedback on various types of performance assessments;
- Students are given multiple opportunities to complete a missing or incomplete assignment during or after the unit, at the discretion of the teacher;
- When students do not attempt to complete the assignment/assessment, the grade is a zero.
This would be a change from the current policy.
● Students will be provided with multiple assessment opportunities to show what they know,
understand and how they can use knowledge; (quantify “multiple”)
● No zeros for missing or incomplete work
The meeting is set for Thursday, 5:30 p.m. in the Kneale Administration building.
Local4 will be at the meeting to bring you more information.
Copyright 2022 KSNB. All rights reserved.