$80K in estimated damage following Grand Island garage fire
GRAND ISLAND, Neb. (KSNB) - A garage at a Grand Island home suffered damage following a fire Sunday.
Grand Island Fire responded to a call for a structure fire around 12:30 p.m. in the 1100 block of Sagewood Ave.
When crews arrived on scene, firefighters found heavy fire coming from the garage, where the fire originated.
GIFD Division Chief Tim Hiemer said the cause of the fire was a cooking appliance too close to combustibles.
GIFD was able to get the fire knocked down in less than 15 minutes. The fire was confined to the garage and they are estimated around $80,000 in damage to the garage and two vehicles. There was very little smoke damage to the house.
Nobody was injured.
Copyright 2022 KSNB. All rights reserved.