Fruit and Grain Breakfast Bowls to help energize you in the morning
HASTINGS, Neb. (KSNB) - A new breakfast bowl has that perfect mix of sweet and salt to help give you energy to start your morning. Dietician Shannon Frink, with Mary Lanning Healthcare, introduces Fruit and Grain Breakfast Bowls to help give your morning a kickstart.
- 1/2 of a cup of Greek yogurt, the flavor is your choice.
- 1/3 of a cup of grain of your choice. (cooked brown rice, barley, quinoa or steel cut oats)
- 2 Teaspoons of Chia seeds.
- 1/4 of a cup of walnuts, pecans or almonds.
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen fruit of your choice
- Add Greek yogurt to the bottoms of a bowl.
- Layer with fruit, chia seeds, nuts and grain.
Copyright 2022 KSNB. All rights reserved.