A Thanksgiving side dish that your whole family will enjoy
HASTINGS-GRAND ISLAND-KEARNEY, Neb. (KSNB) - Thanksgiving is just around the corner and we have a quick, easy and healthy recipe for a side dish that your whole family can enjoy. Brittany “The Salad Girl” shows us how to make “Fall Salad” for your Wellness Wednesday.
Here are the ingredients for “Fall Salad”
- Mixed greens (10 oz.)
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 apple
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 of a red onion
- 1/4 cup craisins
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds (raw or toasted)
- 2 tbsp pumpkins seed (raw or toasted)
- granola (optional)
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp dijon
- Adjust taste to your liking!
For the dressing:
- Place all ingredients in a mason jar.
- Close tightly and give a good shake.
For the salad:
- Cut sweet potato into cube like shapes, place in pan and top with olive oil, salt and pepper, evenly coating all pieces.
- Roast at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until soft.
- While waiting, slice onion into thin stripes.
- Cut apple into cube like pieces, leaving out the core.
- Once sweet potatoes are ready.
- Grab your favorite salad bowl, place all ingredients in the bowl, starting with the mixed greens.
- Mix well.
- Serve dressing on the side.
Copyright 2022 KSNB. All rights reserved.