No parking overnight in downtown Grand Island
GRAND ISLAND, Neb. (KSNB) - Parking is banned in downtown Grand Island from Thursday night until Friday morning.
The City of Grand Island Streets Division said it will be clearing/hauling snow from the downtown area overnight. Parking in downtown Grand Island is restricted between Thursday night at 8 p.m. through Friday morning at 8 a.m. If your car is parked downtown during those hours you may be towed.
Here are the streets affected:
- Cedar Street, between First Street and Union Pacific Railroad
- Division Street, between Locust Street and Walnut Street
- East Sixth Street, between Vine Street and Plum Street
- Elm Street, between Second Street and union Pacific Railroad
- First Street, between Cedar Street and Sycamore Street
- Fourth Street, between Eddy Street and Beal Street
- Locust Street, between Fourth Street and Fifth Street
- Locust Street, Between Koenig Street and South Front Street
- Pine Street, between First Street and Sixth Street
- Second Street, between Cedar Street and Sycamore Street
- South Front Street, between Walnut Street and Kimball Avenue
- Sycamore Street, between First Street and Fifth Street
- Third Street , Between Clark Street and Kimball Avenue
- Walnut Street, Between Division Street and Fifth Street
- Wheeler Avenue, between Fourth Street and Fifth Street
- Wheeler Avenue, Between Koenig Street and South Front street
The street department says downtown businesses should have their sidewalks cleared before the hauling operations begin.
Copyright 2022 KSNB. All rights reserved.