More work needed Friday to clear downtown Grand Island, Kearney streets
GRAND ISLAND and KEARNEY, Neb. (KSNB) - It looks like it will take two nights to clear all the snow from downtown streets in Grand Island and Kearney.
Parking will be banned on certain streets again Friday night into Saturday morning.
The City of Grand Island Streets Division said it will be clearing/hauling snow from the downtown area. Parking on the downtown Grand Island streets listed below is restricted between Friday night at 8 p.m. through Saturday morning at 8 a.m. If your car is parked downtown during those hours you may be towed.
Here are the streets affected:
- Cedar Street, between Koenig Street and Fifth Street
- Division Street, between Locust Street and Walnut Street
- East Sixth Street, between Vine Street and Plum Street
- Elm Street, between Division Street and Fifth Street
- Fourth Street, between Eddy Street and Beal Street
- Locust Street, between the Union Pacific Railroad tracks and Fifth Street
- Pine Street, between UP tracks and Sixth Street
- Second Street, between Cedar Street and Sycamore Street
- Sycamore Street, between Fourth Street and Fifth Street
- Cleburn Street, between First Street and UP tracks
- Walnut Street, Between UP tracks and Fifth Street
- Wheeler Avenue, between UP tracks and Fifth Street
The street department says downtown Grand Island businesses should have their sidewalks cleared before the hauling operations begin.
In Kearney, parking is banned on the streets listed below between midnight and 6 a.m. Saturday morning. The street department says violators will be ticketed and towed.
- Central Avenue, between 15th Street and 26th Street
- Railroad Street, between Second Avenue and Avenue B
- Avenue A, between Railroad Street and 26th Street
- First Avenue, between Railroad Street and 26th Street
- First Avenue, between 15th Street and 17th Street
- 16th Street, between Central Avenue and First Avenue
- 19th Street, First Avenue and Avenue A
- 21st Street, between Second Avenue and Avenue B
- 22nd Street, between Second Avenue and Avenue B
- 23rd Street, between the alley west of Second Avenue and Avenue B
- 24th Street, between Second Avenue and Avenue B
The Kearney Street Department says downtown businesses should have their walks scooped by midnight so that the snow can be hauled away.
Copyright 2022 KSNB. All rights reserved.