Council to talk to DOT about proposed roundabout in Hastings

Local4 News at 5
Published: Mar. 17, 2023 at 12:57 PM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

HASTINGS, Neb. (KSNB) - Nebraska Department of Transportation (DOT) officials are meeting with the Hastings City Council to talk about a proposed roundabout on Highway Six through the southeast part of town.

The council will be meeting with the DOT during it’s work session on Monday night, March 20. No formal action is taken during work sessions, but a city spokesperson said project could come up at the March 27 regular meeting.

The roundabout would be built near Duncan Field at the intersection of South Elm Avenue and East South street. The roundabout is part of a larger $35 million project to repave Highway Six between J Street and Showboat Boulevard.

The state would pay 80% of that project and the city would be responsible for the other 20%, around $8 million.