Lexington boys soccer’s Casillas scores first in Top 5 Plays
Published: May. 14, 2023 at 10:43 PM CDT
LEXINGTON, Neb. (KSNB) - This week’s edition of Top 5 Plays features highlights from state boys soccer, state baseball and district track & field. Lexington lands the top spot.
- Lexington boys soccer’s Fernando Casillas scored the team’s second goal in the Class B state quarterfinals against Scotus Central Catholic Wednesday. The Minutemen advanced to the state semifinals in a 3-2 win.
- Axtell boys and girls track & field won the District D-6 title Wednesday. The boys 4x800-meter relay team qualified for state in an upset over Sandy Creek in 8:32.20.
- Central City/Fullerton/Centura baseball’s Nolan Hurt went 2-2 at the plate with three RBI in the Kernels’ 7-1 win over Wayne in the first round of the Class C state tournament Saturday.
- The Hastings girls 4x800-meter relay team pulled off an upset in the District B-5 Track & Field Meet in Holdrege Tuesday. The Tigers qualified for state in 10:03.27.
- Grand Island baseball’s Broxton Barrientos hit a standup double in Friday’s Class A state first round game against Millard West. The Islanders lost 10-0 in five innings.
Copyright 2023 KSNB. All rights reserved.