Area champions crowned in Classes C and D on final day of state track & field
OMAHA, Neb. (KSNB) - The fourth and final day of the NSAA state track & field championships Saturday featured the second day of competition for Classes C and D.
Several champions were crowned state champions with gold medals from the Local4 viewing area. Here are those you can see in our coverage:
- Arcadia-Loup City’s Jessica Stieb three-peats as Class C girls shot put champion with a throw of 43-8.5. She’ll throw in college at Michigan State.
- JessaLynn Hudson of BDS three-peats in the Class D girls shot put with a throw of 44-2.75. She won her first Class D girls discus gold medal Friday.
- Sutton’s Nathan Baldwin three-peats in the Class C boys discus with a throw of 183-10, which set a new state meet record.
- Chase County’s Mason Wallin won the Class C boys pole vault gold medal clearing 14-feet.
- Fullerton’s Roe Patton cleared 14-6 in the Class D boys pole vault to win the state title.
- Axtell’s Kassidy Wehrer won the Class D girls triple jump state title with a leap of 35-10.5. She came into the championships as the No. 6 seed.
- Palmer freshman Marlea Donahey won the Class D girls high jump state title clearing 5-2.
- Milford’s Sarah Spahr cleared 5-6 to win the Class C girls high jump gold medal.
- Sandy Creek freshman Emma Fisher kicked at the right time to win the state title in the Class D girls 1600-meter run in a time of 5:28.20.
- Osceola’s Fayth Winkelman had a huge day on the track. She won three Class D individual gold medals in the 100-meter dash (12.76 seconds), 200-meter dash (26.07) and as part of the Bulldogs’ back-to-back champion 4x100-meter relay team (49.79).
- Arapahoe sophomore Will Cacy dethroned two-time defending state champion Isaiah Zelasney of Osceola in the Class D boys 400-meter dash with a time of 50.94 seconds to win the state title.
- Chase County’s Easton Fries won the Class C boys 300-meter hurdles state title in 38.79 seconds.
- Riverside’s quad of Klayton Kleffner, Drew Carraher, Jack Molt and Carson Bloom won the Class D boys 4x100-meter relay gold medal in 44.03 seconds.
- Central Valley’s quad of Katlyn Oakley, Piper Shepard, Taya Engel and Alexis Johnson won the state title in the Class D girls 4x400-meter relay with a time of 4:05.36.
- We mentioned Winkelman of Osceola earlier, she ran third on Osceola’s back-to-back Class D 4x100-meter relay state title team. The other members of the team, which ran the race in 49.79 seconds, include Janna Roberts, Savanna Boden and Rori Wieseman.
Copyright 2023 KSNB. All rights reserved.