UNK football signee Scholting scores first in Top 5 Plays
Published: Jun. 4, 2023 at 10:40 PM CDT
KEARNEY, Neb. (KSNB) - The first Sunday of June means another fresh edition of our Local4 Top 5 Plays. Summer football, basketball and track & field highlight the latest selections.
- Pierce quarterback and Nebraska-Kearney football signee Abram Scholting threw a touchdown pass to Wayne receiver Alex Phelps in the 65th Nebraska Shrine Bowl at UNK’s Ron & Carol Cope Stadium Saturday. It gave the North a 7-0 lead in what would be a 17-7 loss to Team South.
- York’s Garrett Ivey lobbed an alley-oop to Grand Island’s Kazadi Mukoma, who dunked it in the Tom Dinsdale Automotive and Striv all-star boys basketball game Friday at GICC. Mukoma and Ivey helped lead Team GMC to a 111-98 win over Chevrolet.
- In the girls version of the same all-star game, Alma’s Addison Neal was named Player of the Game. She split a pair of defenders for a pretty score in Team Hyundai’s 55-47 loss to Cadillac.
- Back to the boys all-star basketball game, Osceola’s Isaiah Zelasney was named Player of the Game. He had several nice plays leading GMC to a 111-98 win.
- Northwest’s Avyn Urbanski won the girls 100-meter dash at the inaugural Midwest Night of Stars event at Nebrasks Wesleyan University Saturday. The Omaha track & field signee won the race in 12.28 seconds.
Copyright 2023 KSNB. All rights reserved.