AC unit causes Hastings house fire

An AC unit starts a fire in a Hastings home. (KSNB)

HASTINGS, Neb. (KSNB) - An AC unit is responsible for a house fire in Hastings Tuesday evening. Firefighters responded to the 1400 block of West 6 Street just before 6pm.

A passerby noticed the smoke and flames coming from the house. Firefighters say the AC unit caught fire and caused a mattress to catch fire below it. Nobody was home at the time.

One firefighter did sustain a minor injury and was checked out by EMT's.