Advertisement

Fireworks responsible for house fire in Hastings

(KSNB)
Published: Jul. 5, 2019 at 8:17 PM CDT
Email this link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

Fireworks are the most popular and anticipated event for the 4th of July Holiday but they are also one of the most dangerous.

On the average, nearly half of the reported fires on the 4th of July holiday are started by fireworks, according to National Fire Protection Association.

A fire started Thursday night around 10:20 p.m. on the South St. Joseph St. The front port, the front siding of the house and the front living room area were all damaged.

.

"Some spent fireworks were improperly disposed of which caused the fire to start on the front porch area. They were unfortunately placed in an unfortunate place to cause continued heating of the cardboard and everything that the fireworks are made of," said Brad Starling, Hastings Fire Chief.

No one was injured.

Chief starling says always remember to let fireworks cool all the way down or douse them in water to make sure they are no longer dangerous.

Approximately, 180 people go to the emergency room every day with fireworks-related injuries in the month around the July 4th holiday.

Latest News

Latest News