Foodie Friday: Oreo balls
March 6 is National Oreo Cookie Day and with it landing on a Friday, Local4 Today decided to make a day out of it.
In this week's edition of Foodie Friday, Russ Batenhorst and Kit Cloninger showed us how to make Oreo balls.
The recipe is simple and you don't need the oven to make it. The treat is popular during Christmas time, but after learning how, you can make it all year round.
All you need:
- 1 16 oz. package of Oreo cookies
- 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 package of white chocolate bark for dipping
All you do:
1. Crumble up the cookies. You can use a food processor or by placing in a Ziploc bag and crushing them
2. Mix the cookies, cream cheese and powdered sugar together
3. Form small balls with the mixture
4. Once done, place in freezer for 30 minutes
5. Melt white chocolate bark- follow instructions on package
6. Use a toothpick to dip balls into chocolate
7. Once done, place on wax paper