Kearney's Priority Traffic Enforcement areas for June
List are the City of Kearney's Priority Traffic Enforcement Areas for June 2020.
There are three objectives of this program:
1) Educate citizens of lawful and safe driving habits through traditional and social media.
2) Gain voluntary compliance from the public, through aggressive traffic statute enforcement
practices that are specific to location, time and type of violation.
3) Reduce the number of vehicle collisions at high traffic volume intersections and roadways.
The criteria will for determining these locations will be based on:
• Accidents and causes
• Traffic Congestion
• Public Complaints – Please Use Access Kearney to report
• City Complaints
• Calls for Service Load
• Officer / Supervisor Observations and Recommendations
Priority Traffic Enforcement Areas for June are:
1) 2nd Avenue (56th Street - City Limits)
2) West 24th Street (12th Avenue - 30th Avenue)
3) West 11th Street (2nd Avenue - 30th Avenue)
While officers may enforce any observed violations, the targeted violations will be speed enforcement,
traffic signal violation, improper wide turns, and other observed traffic violations.