Rainy day activities at the Nebraska State Fair
The organizers of the Nebraska State Fair want you to know there are many things to do on a rainy day at the 150th Nebraska State Fair including:
· Meet the newborns at the Birthing Pavilion including piglets, calves, and lambs.
· Enter the magical world of monarch butterflies in the Sustainability Pavilion.
· Shop until you drop at Market Place.
· Happy cows make better milk. Stop by the Milking Parlor to learn everything you’ve always wanted to know about milking cows.
· Meet the cattle at the Tom Dinsdale Cattle Barn – visit the aisle of breeds, view the draft horses and longhorns.
· Find Nebraska made products made by 4-H and FFA like food, candles, rockets, clothing and more.
· Who doesn’t love butter? Check out the butter sculpture in the Nebraska Building.
· Quilts, quilts, and more quilts. Be sure to visit the extraordinary patchwork designs.
· Watch a team of experts turn 150 pounds of sand into a show-stopping sensation celebration our 150th year and Nebraska agriculture in the Nebraska Building.
· Fish and wildlife come to life at the display in the Nebraska Building. Stop by the archery and shooting range to test your skill.
· Livestock shows are where our 4-H kids around the state show off a job well done with their prize animals.
· Jason Goodman and his incredible driving skills return during the Draft Horse Show. Visit them next to the Pump & Party Party Pit.
· Amazing concerts! Tickets are still available for many concerts, visit statefair.org and join the excitement.
· And no fair would be complete without the Twiggy the water-skiing squirrel in the Aurora Co-op Chill Zone.