Carbon monoxide poisoning to blame in death of Nebraska girl

By  | 

TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) - Carbon monoxide poisoning is the apparent cause of death for a 4-year-old Nebraska girl, whose Kansas grandfather is charged with first-degree murder.

The Topeka Capital-Journal on Thursday cited court records related to the death of Brandy Funk. Testing found a carbon monoxide level more than six times above a lethal level in the girl's blood.

Brandy, of Beatrice, Nebraska, died in July.

Court documents said Timothy Wayne Funk Sr. acknowledged he left a generator running in the garage of his Silver Lake, Kansas, home with its door shut while watching the girl and another granddaughter. The other child survived.

Read the original version of this article at www.1011now.com.